COMPASS Support Services provides ABA therapy primarily to individuals with autism spectrum disorder, as well as others who may benefit from ABA therapy.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is the use of scientific techniques and principles to bring about meaningful and positive changes in behaviour.
Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) is child-specific programming that uses the scientific techniques from ABA to design the length and intensity of the therapy curriculum. Ideally, a genuine IBI program is at least 20 hours per week.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Whether your child’s therapy needs are met via an ABA approach (under 20hrs/week) or an IBI approach (20hrs/week or more) COMPASS Support Services will adhere to any and all Behaviour Analyst Certification Board standards of practice, as well as the Ministry of Children and Youth Services guidelines for Autism Intervention Programs.
COMPASS Support Services team members are committed to your child’s success by ensuring (but not limited to):
- Programming is overseen and delivered by qualified and trained therapists
- Use of evidence based, positive, and ethical teaching methodology
- Families are continually involved in all aspects of therapy; from goal setting to transition planning
- Ongoing evaluation of your child’s progress – with program modifications made as necessary
- An appropriate location and session length for your child’s age and development
Your child’s sessions will be structured to provide numerous learning opportunities – both planned and naturally occurring – to acquire and practice skills in both structured and unstructured situations. COMPASS Support Services therapists are ready to facilitate learning wherever your child is comfortable. Appropriate ABA/IBI environments may include:
- Your own home
- Private Schools/Classrooms
Other locations may also be discussed.